What new lessons would help our children in the real world?
I know financial literacy has been added to the curriculum in few schools. What other new lessons should kids learn?
2 people have answered
There is a wealth of "lessons" children might benefit from learning in (and out of) schools.
- learning how to learn and think, rapidly, collaboratively, creatively
- learning how to manage failure and get over it
- learning how to manage one's own digital identity on social networks and similar to make to most of it
- learning how to code
- learning how to give a great talk
- learning the importance of ... lifelong-learning
- and many other
Maybe someone could get bored of this list, but please never get bored of learning !
I've got a degree in Philosophy so I might be a bit biased here, but some kind of really basic critical thinking course, one that teaches kids to seriously think about how they live their life and what goals are worth striving for.
Nothing too high-falutin' or difficult, simply teaching them to question some of the values they see around them and on TV - "Is winning X-Factor really a valid life goal for a grown-up human being?" "Is being beautiful better than being good?" or "Is being rich the be-all and end-all of everything?"